CAT 2017 was conducted by IIM Lucknow in two sessions and approximately 2.8 Lakhs candidates appeared. So, it can be understood that for an exam which is organized for such a large number of students always has a scope for improvement.
Therefore, recently IIM Lucknow has released the objection form. This form can be filled by any aspirant who appeared in the exam and finds any error in any of the question or answer of CAT 2017. Aspirants can challenge and voice the issue they have with the official CAT answer key, but has to pay INR 1,000 for each objection raised.
CAT 2017 successfully took place on November 26 and now all the aspirants are waiting eagerly for CAT Result. The expected date for the announcement of result is 2nd Week of January, 2018.
Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) use CAT for selecting candidates for offering admissions to the postgraduate business administration course that is Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM). CAT is conducted every year and the 20 participating IIMs conduct the CAT exam every year in a rotation order starting from 2015.
Through this article we wish to aware you regarding every detail about the CAT objection form released by IIM-Lucknow.
Remember these Points
- Release Date of Answer Keys with Question Paper: December 7, 2017
- Availability of CAT 2017 Answer Keys: CAT official website – iimcat.ac.in
- Last Date of Checking Answer Keys and Filing for Objection: December 9, 2017, 2 PM
- Objection Application Fee: INR 1000 for every objection
- CAT Result Announcement: Second Week of January 2018
Before the Result is Out- Check CAT 2017 Answer Key
As there is time for the CAT Result to be announced, candidates can check the correct answers from the official answer key for CAT 2017.
Release of Objection Form: This is the first time when IIMs have released the question paper and answer key on December 7, 2017. You may use those for checking the accuracy your performance in CAT 2017 and calculate the estimated score. This is an initiative of CAT that makes the selection process more fair and transparent.
In case you have appeared for CAT, you can file for objection against one or more questions by paying INR 1,000 as application fee for each objection.
The objection here means that you can challenge a question’s answer in the answer key issued by IIM Lucknow by paying INR 1000 for every answer. The objection window has opened only for two days. The last date and time for filing for objection is December 9, 2017, 2 PM.
If you file an objection, an expect committee of members from the IIM will assess and scrutinize your objection and re-evaluate the objection answer. The new objection filing feature allows you to check your answer and rectify if it is correct and appearing incorrect in the issued answer key.
If the IIM committee finds your objection valid, your objection fee will be refunded and the revised answer key will be considered for results evaluation of all the candidates. There will still be no change in the marking scheme of CAT 2018. The result will then be declared in the second week of January 2018.
How to File Objection Form?
Follow the steps mentioned below to obtain answer keys along with the question papers, and submit objection form for CAT 2017:
- Access the official website for IIM CAT – iimcat.ac.in.
- Click the ‘CAT 2017 Question Papers and Objection Form’ link.
- Enter your User Id and Password generated at the time of registration in the fields provided.
- Click the ‘2017 Question Papers with Answer Keys’ link for accessing and downloading the questions papers and answer keys.
- Then click the ‘Objection Form’ link for filling and submitting the objection form.
- Fill the form details and click Submit.
- Make the payment through credit card, debit card or net banking options and print the acknowledgement.
Indeed, this is a great initiative and move of IIM Lucknow to make the question paper and associated answer keys public for all the candidates who appeared for CAT 2017. This would definitely bring in more transparency in the selection process and develop confidence amongst the candidates. Also, all aspirants who are in a stressful state waiting for CAT Result can be a little relieved after checking their answers.