Phenteramine is recommended for rapid weight loss in obese patients. The class of medicines that this drug falls into is called anoretics. This implies that the drug works by suppressing appetite. Phenteramine is basically an aid to obese people who have adopted a strict routine of exercise and controlled diet. This medicine can only be bought by a prescription given by a doctor. Online doctors can issue you a prescription after proper consultations.
Mechanism of action
Phenteramine is a sympathomimetic amine and an anorectic agent which decreases appetite and helps in reducing calorie intake. The drug stimulates neurons to release catecholamines which include neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine. The catecholamines decrease appetite by suppressing the hunger signals which are sent to the brain. Thus, the patient has feeling of fullness which reduces the food intake. Phenteramine is also believed to have an effect on the leptin level of the brain which is also related to the feeling of fullness in individuals. Phenteramine also promotes the fat loss by the cells.
Way to use the medicine
Phenteramine is sold in the form of tablets and extended release capsules. Phenteramine, as a treatment for obesity, was approved by the United States in the year 1983. This drug is recommended for a duration of not more than 12 weeks due to the possibility of addiction. It is sold under the brand names such as Adipex-P, Lonamin and Obenix.
It is Illegal to buy Phenteramine without a valid prescription issued by a doctor. Online doctors can issue you a prescription only after a thorough analysis of your medical condition. The normal dosage of Phenteramine is a single tablet of 30 or 37.5mg daily. However, some doctors prescribe 15mg tablets in the initial stages gradually increasing the dose with time. Doctors may also advise the patient to consume 18.5mg tablets by breaking the 37.5mg tablet into two halves.
Phenteramine dose should not be very large and the duration of treatment course should not exceed the recommended limit. The maximum recommended duration is 12 weeks though most people consume the drug for 3-6 weeks. The length of treatment depends upon the response of an individual to the medication. Extended release tablets should not be chewed or crushed.
- Individuals are often allergic to some medications which must be informed clearly to the doctor. The patient must also be aware of the various ingredients in Phenteramine tablets to determine whether or not he/she is allergic to a particular ingredient.
- The doctor must be told about all the prescription and non-prescription medications, supplements and herbal products that the patient may be consuming.
- If the patient has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, glaucoma and arteriosclerosis, it must be communicated to the doctor.
- Phenteramine is not a safe drug for individuals whose age is 65 years and above.
- Pregnant women and those who are planning a pregnancy should avoid Phenteramine.
- Alcohol can negatively interact with Phenteramine. Therefore, it is necessary to take consult the doctor about the safe use of alcohol.